My wedding in Poland
Pronounce your ceremonial “I do” 135 metres below ground level!
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is a pearl amongst the most beautiful sites in Poland. Situated only 24 km from the famous Old Market Square in Kraków, it is a must-visit place on the tourists’ map from all over the world.
The Mine’s perfect location is also distinctive – it is situated only 26 km from the Kraków-Balice international airport. Wieliczka boasts extensive accommodation facilities, with Grand Sal Hotel, just a few steps away from the mine itself, topping the list.
The Salt Mine is an exceptional venue for your dream wedding. There are 7 chambers here, ideal to hold a civil or Protestant wedding ceremony, and throw a lavish wedding reception. In two chapels it is also possible to organise a Catholic Church wedding.
- Registration fees for wedding ceremony at the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- An English-speaking wedding consultant’s assistance with gathering all necessary documents
- Translation of documents necessary to be able to be joined in marriage from English to
Polish (if any of the parties had been divorced, an extra fee of €80 for each document shall be payable)
- Interpretation during the ceremony (by a sworn translator of English)
- Interpretation during a meeting at the Registry Office / church authorities office (between 91 and 30 days before the wedding date)
- Check with local officials / church authorities for the documents’ correctness
- Reservation of the wedding ceremony and reception date
- A pre-wedding meeting, when detailed tenor of the wedding day and reception is discussed and mapped out (the meeting can be held in Kraków or Wieliczka)
- Provision of witnesses – if necessary
- Certificate of Marriage
Price: PLN 3500
+ Obligatory fees : PLN 1000
- A fee for the appearance of Registrar of Marriages / Priest at the place of ceremony
Michałowice Chamber – located 109 metres underground, with intricate design of huge timber, creates breathtaking space. It is a chamber most often chosen by newly married couples. It is one of those places which stay in your memory for long.
Price of hire: PLN 1200 per 1 hour (net price)
Drozdowice Chamber – located 110 metres underground. It owes its unique character to the impressive design of white timber logs combined with a dark shade of the salt walls. Due to the chamber’s spaciousness it is a prefect venue for banquets and functions attended by large numbers of guests.
Price of hire: PLN per 1 hour (net price)
Haluszka I Chamber – is excluded from tourist flow, and is a prefect spot for a wedding reception for up to 100 guests.
Price of hire: up to 2 hours: PLN 2,500. Each subsequent hour: PLN 1,000(net price)
Haluszka II Chamber – is the smallest of the chambers where we organise wedding receptions. It is ideal for private receptions in the inner circle of closest family.
Price of hire: up to 2 hours: PLN 1,300. Each subsequent hour: PLN 600 (net price)
Warszawa Chamber – an impressive chamber being a great combination of nature and architecture. Ideal for large wedding receptions for up to 300 guests.
- Wedding reception for up to 250 guests – up to 2 hours: PLN 4,800. Each subsequent hour: PLN 1,800.
- Wedding reception for more than 250 guests – up to 2 hours: PLN 6,600.
Chapels where Catholic Church weddings can be organised:
The Chapel of St. Kinga – the most magnificent creation at the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Crystal chandeliers, intricately carved floor, breathtaking bas-reliefs and altars guarantee unforgettable artistic experience. A wedding at the Chapel of St. Kinga will stay in the Happy Couple and their guests’ memory long after it’s over.
Price of hire:
- 1 hour, with reception in the mine – PLN 2,600
- 1 hour, without reception in the mine – PLN 5,200 (net price)
The Chapel of St. John – a tiny shrine with beautiful, wooden decorations. It is ideal for an intimate wedding for up to 40 guests.
Price of hire: 1 hour – PLN 1,200 (net price)
There are many options to match the menu to the wedding reception’s nature, both in the form of smorgasbord and sitting dinner.
A sample menu:
- Main dish
- Cold buffet
- Hot buffet
- Alcohol-free beverages